Friday, October 14, 2011

Fashionable, F*ckable, Friday: Fashionspiration for FALL!

There's one fashion trend this fall that is just popping up EVERYWHERE on the ol' blogosphere.  I think most (if not all) of my favorite bloggers have featured it in their outfit posts at one point.. and I am 100% on board. Maybe even obsessed, a little. Maybe.

FALL 2011 FASHIONSPIRATION:
A longer, pleated skirt, usually paired with a cute blouse and a braided, tucked belt.

Sigh. I loves it.

For example, THIS absolute amazingness from A Beautiful Mess.

I looked through my closet and blog archives only to discover that I own nothing even remotely close to this skirt.  Last fall, it was all about dresses, or shorter skirts paired with tights.  The longer skirts that I do own are too professional for class (let's face it, on days where I show up in even the most casual dress, I field questions of "oh! You look nice! Where are you off to today?" from everyone I know.. as if I don't wear dresses all.the.time.), or.. well, just ugly.

So, next on the thrifting list (and hopefully I'm going tomorrow): a longer pleated skirt!  It's obvious that this is a must-have item for this fall.  Still don't believe me?  Well, maybe you'll believe the experts:

From Kendi of Kendi Everyday, paired with a nicer top and some adorable pumps:


From my absolute favorite styler of this skirt, Megan of Feathers and Freckles, who repeatedly knocks this look out of the park.  I love how she makes it work with anything-- from boots, to wedges, to a casual t-shirt and flats:

http://feathersfreckles.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugs-not-drugs_07.html 

http://feathersfreckles.blogspot.com/2011/10/get-your-craft-on.html

http://feathersfreckles.blogspot.com/2011/10/second-half.html
From Tania of What Would a Nerd Wear (love her blog's name, too!):


Slightly different, but similar, from Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky:


Adorably '50s, from Keira of A Pretty Penny, whose outfit here first caught my eye and kept me on the lookout for the trend coming from all my other favorite blogs:



And one last one from Elsie of A Beautiful Mess:



So, there you have it, my current obsession/ Fall Fashionspiration! Hopefully coming soon from Musings as well.  Which beautiful blogger do YOU think styled the look best?

1 comment:

  1. YES. I've been seeing these everywhere and I have like 10 long skirts sitting in my closet back at home from back in the day just waiting for me to bring them out for this trend.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think..

Also, don't forget to follow/subscribe to Musings! The links are in the right side bar..

Thanks for visiting! :)