Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Monday!

I'm on phone/hospital duty today (basically like being the on-call staff person for all 60 volunteers in case anything should happen), which means it's the first real free time I've had in about a month (until the phone rings..)  In my house. All by myself. With my computer and everything.
It's nice.
I also figured it might be a great opportunity to update the ol' bloggeroo and let you all in on what I've been up to the rest of the time.  So, coming this week are a ton of new posts!! Be excited!

First up, an update on community visits.  A huge part of my job this summer is preparing everything for the volunteers' arrival: from host families, to evacuation plans, to rotating meal plans, to community contacts and project ideas.  Before the supervisors got here, the other Senior Staff members and I visited a few of the communities, just making primary contact and warning them of our supervisors' and volunteers' imminent arrival.
Then, last week, as part of my duties as Senior Project Supervisor I went on a week-long survey, where I arranged more of the logistical details within communities, filled out a "profile" of each community, and stayed a night each one (since I am a member of Senior Staff, I only have 2 communities, but all of the supervisors do the same thing for 4 nights).  I also ended up having to go out to one of the other supervisor's communities, due to some trouble we were having, so really I got to go hang out in 3 different, beautiful, and welcoming communities.
If you didn't quite understand all of that, no worries, just know that it was a lot of work but also a lot of fun, and I got a few good pictures!











Because why wouldn't you play cards at a bus stop?

































Color version of the photo above.

It was a wild adventure, and I loved every minute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think..

Also, don't forget to follow/subscribe to Musings! The links are in the right side bar..

Thanks for visiting! :)