Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Car Rides and Fun Times

"A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles"
--Tim Cahill


So.  I am currently at home, visiting the family for break, which means that I had the wonderful opportunity to drive across California for 12. hours.  Luckily, I had one of my friends with me, who just happens to be both insanely cheerful, and ridiculously deep.  We had some awesome conversations.

Some things we talked about? Religion.  That feeling you get when you're back home to visit.  Speeding tickets.  Life goals.  Musicals.  Harry Potter.  Favorite blogs.  Politics.  Boys.  Glee.  The war in Libya.  Schoolwork.  Little brothers.  Summer plans.... I could keep going...

It was such fun! (well, besides the driving...)  We listened to some great music, obviously had some great discussions, and generally just bonded. :)  And while I can't say that I enjoyed driving for a million years, it wasn't the worst experience of my life, and I am definitely not looking forward to the return trip without her.


Sometimes having a good friend next to you in the passenger seat is all that you need to make the trip worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think..

Also, don't forget to follow/subscribe to Musings! The links are in the right side bar..

Thanks for visiting! :)