Thursday, September 22, 2011

Where has Loni been?

BUSY! That's where!

I've finally settled back into college life, but have started my new job as a resident advisor on campus. This means lots of work!

I flew from Panama to Sacramento, where I spent 24 hours at home with my family. Then I packed up my stuff and drove down to San Diego. RA training started the next day.  From 9-5 every day for 3 weeks, I was busy learning, bonding, and laughing with my new coworkers.  Although it was a pretty fun 3 weeks, if left very little time for blogging, eating, unpacking, etc... 

Training ended last Friday, but THEN, all our students moved in on Saturday.  For move-in (Saturday and Sunday) I worked 10 hours straight each day- from 9am to 7pm- meeting new residents and checking people in.

Now it's the first official week of school.. we don't have classes yet (well, technically they start today), and all the RAs are responsible for planning, organizing, and running fun activities to get the new students involved in campus and meeting their neighbors. By night, we break up parties and attempt to sleep among the chaos which is 1800 people getting to know each other.. at the top of their lungs.

I complain, but I love it. :)

Oh, and in my "free time" I plan extra fun activities for my residents, and attempt to be creative by making bulletin boards, door decorations, signs, etc to welcome my students and let them know about campus resources.

And I havent even mentioned the work I do for my classes, AMIGOS, unpacking and moving home from Panama, and working at my lab. That's a whole 'nother post. Sigh.

So that's a little bit of what I've been up to! Any tips for schedule-managing and stress-relieving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think..

Also, don't forget to follow/subscribe to Musings! The links are in the right side bar..

Thanks for visiting! :)